- This event has passed.
Boombox Presents CONTRAST (A Submerge Production)
October 5 @ 7:00 pm - October 6 @ 1:00 am₹499 – ₹1199
Special Guest: Nikhil Chinapa
‘Contrast’ is an experimental affair with the MANNY’s distinct non-conformist approach to transform the standard clubbing experience into an elevated high. Through the interplay of light and dark with an intricate sense of audio visual harmony, Contrast AV is an immersive sensory experience.
Nandini Rao puts on her alter ego of BLACKFERN and makes her debut via her spectrum of provoking images with a touch of nocturnal intimacy. Influenced by nature, art, poetry, animation and experimental cinema, she crossfades between moving visuals and lights to create an unexpected environment in the usual setting of a night club.
An exploration of ones deepest selves through high contrast, tonal still and moving elements, the AV project acts as a canvas to bring social commentary of the world. With dark and distinctive elements that are buoyed by stark lighting effects, sometimes in vibrant colours to change the mood, dramatic shadows and movements, unusual visuals that break the rules Contrast creates a sensory experience enhancing Manny’s musical emotions through visual techniques of composition, lighting, reflections, angles and framing.
Contrast synthesises diverse thematic motifs that are relevant today with chapters of The Unknown, Genesis, Displacement and Light to create a distinctive mood that is filled with intrigue and drama and open to interpretation.
Terms & Conditions:
- Each ticket admits one person only.
- Duplicate tickets will not be issued for lost or stolen tickets. Wristbands removed or tampered with will be rendered invalid and WILL NOT be replaced.
- No refund on a purchased ticket is possible, even in case of any rescheduling. Beware of fake / counterfeit / colour photocopied tickets. A ticket shall not be a valid ticket if the barcode / QR Code / hologram has been tampered with. Unlawful resale (or attempted unlawful resale) of a ticket would lead to seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.
- Entry permitted to patrons of legal age. Patrons below legal age will not be permitted in the venue premises.
- No alcohol will be served to patrons under legal drinking age. Alcohol will only be served on display of a valid ID proof. If you intend on drinking at the venue, we recommend you use public transport or assign a designated driver to drive you to and from the venue. In case a patron below legal drinking age is caught drinking alcohol he/she shall be required to forthwith exit from the event.
- Artist programming and lineup is subject to change during the event.
- No drug use – consumption of narcotics is illegal and those found in possession of or consuming narcotics at the event will be handed over to police authorities. Persons suspected of carrying items that may be used in an offensive or dangerous manner, or carrying out illegal activities within the site may be searched.
- By purchasing a ticket and being present at the event, you agree and give us permission to be photographed and/or filmed and give us permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing material
- Strobe lighting at this event may trigger epileptic fits. Those with a history of epilepsy or any health condition that would be of concern must take adequate precautions. This event uses amplified sound. Wear hearing protection at live concerts to reduce the risk of hearing damage.
- Club rules apply.
- The organizers reserve the right without refund or other recourse, to refuse admission to anyone who is found to be in breach of these terms and conditions including, if necessary, ejecting the holder/s of the ticket from the venue after they have entered the ground.
- Any disputes to be settled under Mumbai jurisdiction courts only. Rights of admission reserved, even to valid ticket holders. For enquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org