1. In his early days, he’d sneak into rock parties with partner in crime Ricardo Villalobos to play his records and had to brave the frustrated crowds eventually crushing their cigarettes on his vinyls!
2. At 21, he was playing to thousands at Santiago’s infamous Love Parade.
3. Around the same time, he formed an association with Ibiza’s then most notorious club, Circoloco at DC 10. The opportunity served as a platform for playing his special blend of house and techno.
4. His love affair with music dates back to his childhood. It all began when his mother gifted him a guitar. A self-taught guitarist, Lucien rode buses in Chile and he used his talent to earn money.
5. In 2013, Cadenza Records which is his renowned record label celebrated ten years of being in the business.
6. He’s one of the few DJs to have held a residency at Pacha in Ibiza on Sunday nights. A ten hour marathon session that concludes at midnight!
7. In 2009, when DC10 was shut for the summer, Luciano was determined to bring back the underground spirit of Ibiza with a free party at a beach bar called Ushuaia. From a one-off event, it exploded into the biggest party of the summer!
8. One of the most talked about debuts in Ibiza is that of Luciano’s property, “Cadenza Vagabundos” that takes place at Pacha.
9. He’s generous and in his quest to give back, the man is actively involved with charities like Bridges for Music (an NGO which aims to uplift underprivileged children through music)
¾. He’s a rare breed of DJs that won’t require you to throw your hands in the air or fist pump. Instead, his music does the talking and will stay with you forever!