Sprouting from city of “valour” – Valencia – songwriter, producer, remixer, DJ and label owner, the multifaceted artist Edu Imbernon is turning into a truly global electronic music proposition.
Edu’s blend of electronica, house and indie has seen him release original compositions on Bedrock and Get Physical and has curated remixes from the likes of Pleasurekraft, Blond:ish, Hot Since 82 and Solomun.
We caught up with him for a quick chat before he boards his flight to India:
1) Name a country you have been wanting to play for a long time.
2) Which is the song that you have been humming off late?
I have spent the last week producing another song with Los Suruba, we haven’t come up with name yet but it’s on replay in my mind.
3) If not a DJ, what would you have become?
If I wasn’t a DJ I would probably be a chef.
4) How did the name Elektisch come up for your music label?
Eklektisch means eclectic in German, and I am an eclectic person when it comes to music.
5) Music festivals or dark intimate gig.
Dark intimate gig!!
6) Paella or Butter Chicken.
7) Song writing or label owner. Which is more fun?
8) Tomorrowland or Ultra Music Festival?
9) Lastly, tell us one thing you’ve been wanting to do in India.
Waiting to eat proper traditional chicken tikka masala. Indian food is one of my favorites.
Playing in the forests of Brazil to the Miami bayfront at Ultra Music Festival to the hallowed terrace of Space Ibiza, Edu is taking over the decks at The Humming Tree, Bangalore on 6th February.